Headshots are a staple at my studio – Grinke Creative Inc. Primarily the are business headshots but do headshots for performers as well. From a business perspective, a headshot, be it for a business person or a performer, is one of the most important photographs they can have. so it amazes me how many professionals will use poorly produced selfies, old images that no longer represent them properly, or no image at all. There are indeed many good reasons to have a proper headshot – here are five of them.
- If you want people to take you seriously, you need to look like you are serious about what you do! A quality professional headshot will tell people that you are serious about what you do.
- An updated professional headshot presents a more honest representation of who you are today. A current professional headshot lets potential clients know that you are keeping up with the times and staying current while an old headshot tells people that you are not moving forward or growing.
- For many potential clients, the first connection that they make to you is through your professional headshot. It is important that your headshots connects them to you in a way that is consistent with what they will see when they finally meet you. For example. If you are in a suit and tie in your headshot but when potential clients actually meet you, you are dressed very casually, this will create an immediate disconnect that will confuse the potential clients and possibly cost you their business.
- A professional headshot builds trust with potential clients.
- A bad headshot can damage your credibility.